National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Dr. Steven Rosenberg for the development of tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) therapy alone or in combination with other agents for use in metastatic melanoma, bladder, lung, breast and HPV-associated cancers and combination therapies
- TIL + anti-PD-1 combination clinical trial to treat melanoma
Moffitt Cancer Center
- TIL + anti-PD-1 antibody combination therapy clinical trial in non-small cell lung cancer
- TIL clinical trial in adolescents and young adults with soft tissue sarcoma
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- TIL clinical trials to treat ovarian cancer, sarcomas, pancreatic cancer and colorectal cancer
- TIL clinical trial to treat triple-negative breast cancer
- In January 2020, Iovance and Cellectis entered into a research collaboration and worldwide license agreement. This exclusive agreement enables Iovance to use certain TALEN® technologies addressing multiple gene targets to modify TIL for therapeutic use in several cancer types. In addition, Iovance has a burgeoning preclinical pipeline of TALEN®-edited TIL therapies, including double-knockout programs.
HPV=human papilloma virus; PD-1=programmed cell death protein-1
TIL therapy is an investigational therapy and has not been approved for any indication by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or any other regulatory agency. The safety and efficacy of this therapy have not been determined.